Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ellie's 2nd Birthday



We celebrated Ellie's 2nd birthday with friends and family at our neighborhood park. About three months ago I asked Ellie what theme she wanted for her birthday. She responded with, "SHOES!!" So, I made it my mission to have a shoe themed par-tay!

Ellie LOVES shoes so this was ALOT of fun to put together! Most of my party planning happened online. Here's a little recap on the party planning...then I posted some of the most adorable pictures of Ellie's friends and family. Thanks to Jennifer Luedke for taking such incredible shots!

I was so excited to find shoe pinatas! They were only $8.00 on http://www.partywedding.com/! The polka dot balloons are from there too.


Virginia did an INCREDIBLE job on Ellie's cake. Not only was it adorable, but it was delicious too! Virgina did our wedding cakes (which included a full mouth for Brett's grooms cake!). She can do ANYTHING so check her out if you need a cake! (her baby shower cakes are creative and her Mounds Cake is to die for!) http://www.virginiascakes.com/


I found this site http://www.bakeat350.blogspot.com/ and was so happy that Bridget could make some custom shoe shaped cookies! They were oh so cute and yummy too. Check her out, she has a true talent.

Party Favors! I got the girls plastic princess shoes and feather boas (from The Dollar Store! My fave place for toys). The boys got some plastic cars and motorcycles. I loved the girl party favor bags because they say, "I LOVE SHOES!" These couldn't have been more perfect! I found them at Michael's!


Brett & I figured the kids would LOVE to be outside and bounce, so we completed the party planning with a Princess bouncy house for my little high-heeled princess!


Let the Party Begin!






Ryanne looks like a GAP model and Morgan steals my heart with her pig tails and grin!


Buddies!




Ellie's is like her mama and devoured the cake!
Bounce House Fun!




















My favorite picture from the entire day! Doesn't this just capture the essence of 2 year old girls (pig tails and all)? I love Ellie's hand on her neck and Morgan's smile is priceless! Morgan and Ellie share the same birth date so this pic melts me!


Beautiful Caton Sisters. I know they will cherish this picture forever!


Could Marielle be any cuter?


Mexican food! Yum!

Ellie has some adorable friends! I'm just sayin....Look at them!







PINATA TIME!



Opening presents
Sweet Carlson Family!
I still can't believe our baby girl is TWO!

Thanks to all of our friends and family for celebrating with us. We made a great memory!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! Looks like the party was a blast! I cannot believe she is 2! I feel like it was just yesterday all of us came to visit you and meet Ellie for the first time. She was just 4 weeks old!

    I am so glad Bridget could make the cookies for you. She is one of my blog visits. I love her cookies!!!

    The cake was ADORABLE! I wish I knew how to work fondant. It's HARD!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures!!! Looks like Ellie's party was sooo fun! The shoe theme was adorable...cookies, cake, pinatas...precious!
    I can't believe she is already 2...time flies, I really wish it would slow down!
    I miss you, we need to catch up soon!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved all the pics! Such a great idea for the party. Im definitly stealing it for Banners birthday! Had a great time. Everything flowed so well.HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIE BELLA! I still have to drop her gift off... lol! -Katie Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a FUN party!!! Your daughter is just precious! ♥ I'd love those polka dot balloons to be in my house all the time! ;)

    Thank you so much for ordering the pink high heel cookies! It was my pleasure to make them!

    ReplyDelete